Post-Operative Instruction Sheet
- Some discomfort is common the first few days of surgery.
- You may receive some medicated eardrops after surgery. Place 3 drops in operated ear, 3 times per day for 3-5 days. If drainage persists, continues the medicated eardrops.
- A small amount of drainage from the operated ear or ears is common for the first few days after surgery. If the drainage persists more than 10 days, despite the use of the medicated eardrops, please call the office.
- Small amounts of blood from ear or ears after this kind of surgery is common.
- Keep both ears dry. It is important that water not be allowed to enter the ear canal, especially the first few days after surgery.
- If water inadvertently enters the ear canal, allow all the water to drain and apply ½ dropper of the medicated eardrops.
- Take all the medications as prescribed and directed by your doctor.
- Further water instructions will be discussed at your first post-operative visit.
If problems or questions arise, please call the office at (458) 205-6500.
Click here to download the PDF